Saturday, June 22, 2013

Threading

Coming to India I knew that my usual self-maintainence routine would be altered. Getting a mani/pedi wouldn't be apart of my monthly plans with my mom nor would getting my hair done  (Udaipur does have many beauty parlors that offer these services however its not in my summer budget). However coming to India I knew that my eyebrows would not go without proper upkeep due to the fact that all beauty parlors provide the service of threading (which originated in India and is my favorite choice in facial hair epilation).



Eyebrow threading is a depilation technique which originated in India, although it is also widely practiced in the Middle East. The hair removal technique is not just for the eyebrows: threading can be used to remove other facial and body hair as well. Eyebrow threading involves twisting a piece of thread, usually cotton, into a double strand. This double stranded thread is used to pick up a line of hair and then remove it, creating a very clean, precise hairline. Eyebrow threading is a preferred hair removal technique for a number of reasons. Unlike tweezing or plucking, eyebrow threading removes one clean line of hair all at once, making it much quicker and easier to shape the brows. For women who would like to pursue a more natural beauty regimen, eyebrow threading is a good choice, since it does not use harmful products and will not harm the skin like wax and some depilatory creams can.


In the United States I pay anywhere from 8-14 dollars for this service today I payed 50 rupees (.84 cents) Yes! I payed less than $1 for my eyebrows and there are other places throughout Udaipur where its way cheaper than 50 rupees. I must say that I am satisfied with outcome as well, I always say that getting your eyebrows done can always give you that extra boost of confidence you need! I defiantly got that as well as a great deal that I could never get outside of India! Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment